Tuesday, August 5, 2014

QUICK Update...

Sorry for the delay in updates...having issues with internet and currently have very limited access. I safely arrived in Haiti on Saturday morning with no complications and all luggage in tow. I spent Saturday unpacking and getting somewhat settled. Sunday we joined a group of 25ish Italians and headed to a beach relatively close to here. Of course it was beautiful and it was a wonderful "welcoming" to Haiti. Started in the therapy clinic on Monday morning. The language barrier is occasionally tough; however there are a few therapists that do speak English and are able to translate for me when needed (evaluations are difficulty the hardest). Working with the adult population is tough...there is a lot of treatment strategies that I need to revisit....praying that my ability to effectively treat this population improves drastically. Thankfully ALL the patients are extremely patient with me and very kind in my lack of expertise. Tomorrow is pediatric day so I am really looking forward to clinic...hopefully I can finally be successful within treatment sessions.

Unfortunately, this is only a quick update as I want to get it posted before internet goes out again....

I will be posting more info SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment